How can File Converter Master affect your PC?
File Converter Master is a browser hijacker that can affect random computers without users’ knowledge. Although, at first glance, File Converter Master page looks like a genuine search provider, it does not provide reputable search results. It is most likely that you have started searching for information about it after you noticed that your default homepage, which, most probably, was your default search engine as well, has been replaced by File Converter Master URL. Instead it modifies them and includes a number of sponsored websites. This is clearly done for monetization purpose. Whether the suspicious search tool was downloaded along with the app or in some other manner, we suggest erasing it. In other words, it means that this application is not malicious, but not safe to use at the same time.
Since this browser hijacker does not have an official website to promote it as a standalone installer, it is quite likely that you can only install it in questionable ways. A new tab with this website might be opened for you when you surf the web, or you might be simply redirected to it. If you are going through this experience right now, you should be extremely careful because File Converter Master may deliver altered search results and make you visit unreliable websites. Like all Mindspark toolbars, this one also has a promotional website at File Converter Master.com. Based on your interests, it generates targeted and catchy-looking advertisements for you. File Converter Master from your computer and forget about it.
How did File Converter Master hijack your computer and change browser settings without your knowledge?
If you think that you did not give your permission to install File Converter Master malware, you are wrong. Its deeds are aggaravating, but on its own, it won‘t be able to cause disruption. If you often download freeware and shareware programs on your computer, you are already at risk of being infected. If you see any checked beforehand confirmation boxes suggesting you to download additional programs, make sure you deselect them. Unfortunately, the hijacker could modify the results shown to you, and that means that you could be exposed to even more unreliable advertisements. If you have no interest in getting applications that are regarded as potentially unwanted, opt to install software in advanced/custom modes. Please be aware that these external sites are developed by people over whom we have no control, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices.” It means that this search cannot only corrupt your browser, slow it down, display altered search results full of links to external websites.
We have found that this adware server is practically to News1free.org that also emerged at the beginning of this May (2017). If you are trying to File Converter Master from Chrome or Firefox, you need to delete the extension linked to this browser hijacker. You should also disregard advertisements inviting you to take part in a survey or a contest because the websites featuring some questionnaires may be aimed at obtaining your personal information or making you subscribe to a mobile service. They do not reveal their true nature unless you force them to. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing.
How can I remove File Converter Master ?
It should be pointed out that most of the time, if File Converter Master is integrated in a browser plug-in, you should be able to turn the commercial ads off in the plug-in settings via browser options. It might be complicated to do this manually because similar toolbars are designed to be resistant to removal. If a manual removal still sounds as the most appropriate option, scroll down to find the guidelines for this task. For that, we have prepared a manual File Converter Master removal guide, which is provided below the article. Automatic removal option remove File Converter Master virus, If you happen to download a free program which had been modified by crooks, you should make sure that it is not going to opt to gain control over certain parts of your device.
File Converter Master Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
- File Converter Master Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- File Converter Master Shows commercial adverts
- Common File Converter Master behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- File Converter Master Deactivates Installed Security Software.
File Converter Master effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 29%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 39%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in File Converter Master.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
File Converter Master Geography
Remove File Converter Master from Windows
Remove File Converter Master from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove File Converter Master from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove File Converter Master from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove File Converter Master from Your Browsers
Remove File Converter Master from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete File Converter Master from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with File Converter Master (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate File Converter Master from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to File Converter Master) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.