What is FilterIdea pop-up ads?
FilterIdea is a potentially unwanted program, which has already been added to adware category. Even though it claims to be a program that can help you to find the best shopping deals online and save a lot of money, it actually serves for marketing related purposes. FilterIdea is developed by SuperWeb LLC, which is infamous for many identical programs, such as Fortunitas, Glomatron, GoingGo, and many others. Its presence on your computer may also mean that there are other infections as well, possibly damaging your system right now. or a potentially unwanted programs (PUP) and claim that it is mainly used for affiliate marketing.
-Browser hijack; When you download something and install on your computer, FilterIdea can be installed without you even being aware of it. This app will not protect you or your children from pernicious content but cause damage to your PC! If you want to prevent FilterIdea hijack, as well as invasion of other PUPs, the next time when installing a free program, select ‘FilterIdea’ or ‘custom’ installation option and locate all third-party apps (plug-ins, add-ons, extensions or toolbars) that it is set to spread around. In order to do that, it’s a must to select Advanced or Custom installation option and carefully monitor the entire process.
Is it difficult to become infected with this virus?
Get rid of FilterIdea ads right away. you need to pay attention to the installation process of freeware downloaded from the Internet. After all, they say that they can improve your overall web shopping experience, helping you to save money each time you buy things online. Even though downloading free software pose a high-risk to install unwanted programs unconsciously, it does not mean that you should stop installing them. Beware that you may allow FilterIdea hijack your computer while using “Basic“ or “Recommended” installation options. Keep in mind that you should always download programs from their official websites in order to reduce the risk of encountering malware, for instance, if you need to update Java, you should visit java.com and download updates from there.
A potentially unwanted program, such as FilterIdea, can unnoticeably sneak into your computer along with freeware. You should run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, manual removal guide. You can install such apps accidentally, too; They believe that these settings are trustworthy just because they are marked as “recommended.” You should not rely on such recommendations because by selecting one of these installation modes, you just agree to install all optional downloads added to your preferred software. you You can use other anti-malware software of your choice as well.
How to remove FilterIdea App Pro virus?
Needless to say, you should never click any of the FilterIdea ads. These utilities will delete the program along with all its files and registry entries. In such a case you should scan your computer with Anti-Malware Tool. But do not forget about the other possible infections on your PC, which also need to be addressed. Develop a habit of installing new programs only from their official domains. However, if you have no other option, be very careful installing free tools.
- Slows internet connection
- FilterIdea Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
- FilterIdea Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- FilterIdea Connects to the internet without your permission
FilterIdea effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 22%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in FilterIdea.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove FilterIdea from Windows
Remove FilterIdea from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove FilterIdea from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove FilterIdea from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove FilterIdea from Your Browsers
Remove FilterIdea from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete FilterIdea from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with FilterIdea (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate FilterIdea from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to FilterIdea) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.