Main facts you should know about Klassokbot.com virus
Klassokbot.com is a plug-in for your browser that should help you to save money and time by enabling coupons and comparison deals. Beware that these ads can pose risk to your security and they actually indicate that your computer contains an adware. These ads may be presented via irritating pop-ups that will show up without any rhyme or reason and flashy banner advertisements. However, the user reports show that having this program installed on the computer does not necessarily mean you will be exposed to the Klassokbot.com. Since Klassokbot.com virus usually spreads around bundled with other freewares, people either skip it and accept to install inadvertently or accept to install it willingly because they lack awareness about this app.
Klassokbot.com’s developers utilize a rather deceptive distribution method, called bundling. However, in most of the cases people install it along with other freewares and shareware. However, this can be a difficult thing to do since those advertisements covers almost all space on your screen so this could happen simply accidentally. Usually you have to deselect an option to install it, otherwise, the program is downloaded automatically. In fact, the first thing that you should do before you download unfamiliar program on your machine is reading EULA (end-user license agreement) section. “Third party sites may contain information or service that is unreasonable or that some people may find inappropriate or offensive.” Do you still think it is totally safe to click on those ads? so, if you have already started seeing Klassokbot.com ads, follow the guidelines that are given below and eliminate this adware right now.
How to uninstall this computer threat?
The presence of all those annoying ads is not the only drawback of CouponKlassokbot.com. Since Klassokbot.com is known to be distributed via bundled installers, we highly advise you to avoid all third-party download websites as they are known to be the main source of devious setup files. You can do that with a help of this guide: Klassokbot.com. Thus, if you want to keep your computer safe, make sure that you check every freeware that you are going to install. either manually or automatically so it’s completely up to you which removal method to choose. Simply follow all steps carefully and you will probably be able to eliminate this infection by yourself.
What is more, Klassokbot.com adware may breach your privacy by accessing data about your search queries and websites you visit. Our security experts believe that there might be other undesirable programs hiding on your system as well; however, if the manual removal of malware seems too complicated for you, you should know that you can scan your PC with a reliable scanner, for instance, Anti-Malware Tool. The browser add-on is also capable of altering the settings regarding browser extensions and themes; It is important to mention that these ads are quite risky to click on.
How can I get rid of this cyber threat?
Hence, you need to take care of your computer security yourself. That is so because this application supports commercial ads, and it also collects information on your web search and web browsing history. If you don’t want any other issues to be created, you should remove Ads by Klassokbot.com as soon as you detect them on your system. automatically and protect your computer from possible threats in the future as well. To get to know whether your selected app contains such dubious ‘attachments,’ you need to opt out Default/Standard installation mode and opt for Advanced/Custom one. However, if you want to ensure real-time computer protection and to ensure it is all clean restored to a pristine state, we recommend installing the anti-spyware program and running a system scan with it. It is a time-consuming method as well.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Integrates into the web browser via the Klassokbot.com browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Installs itself without permissions
Klassokbot.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 27%
- Windows 7 24%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 40%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Klassokbot.com.
Remove Klassokbot.com from Windows
Remove Klassokbot.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Klassokbot.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Klassokbot.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Klassokbot.com from Your Browsers
Remove Klassokbot.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Klassokbot.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Klassokbot.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Klassokbot.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Klassokbot.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.