Why has Gosearchsafely.com virus selected my web browser to hijack?
Gosearchsafely.com is a search engine developed by Find Meta. This program is developed by the same company as Claro Search Toolbar, which is known as Gosearchsafely.com Technologies LTD. If this search engine manages to enter your computer, you may notice that it changed your homepage and/or your default search engine on each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others. Many internet users are complaining that Gosearchsafely.com has appeared out of nowhere and initiated unwanted changes on their browsers. The first red flag should be the fact that you have not set it on your own. This collected information is shared with third parties. However, if you want to do it manually, check out the tutorial how to do it below this article.
Firstly, the application falls under the category of browser hijackers because it has the ability to alter user’s default search engine, homepage, or new tab page. Furthermore, similar ad-supported programs also rely on questionable distribution method called “bundling”. Without it, users would not be able to find data so effortlessly. One of its main tasks is to make people visit predetermined websites in order to increase their rank, sales, and gain other advertising revenue. It can easily get access to your private data and later on use this information for malicious purposes or involve you into other marketing related projects.
When did the PUP invade my computer?
If you want to prevent infiltration of Gosearchsafely.com virus, we highly recommend being very careful when downloading free applications on your computer. Follow the installation steps of any free programs that you are downloading from the Internet. To keep Gosearchsafely.com away from your computer, you should not take the installation of a new free software on your computer as some mindless action you have to do before having to enjoy your downloaded application. In most cases, the Gosearchsafely.com browser hijacker is installed together with other applications. After clicking them, you may find yourself on unknown websites that you should avoid because there is no guarantee that they are harmless.
We have found that Gosearchsafely.com is set to be injected by the installers that distribute it. you just do not know where and how. It is strongly recommended to remove Gosearchsafely.com from your system as soon as you detect it on your browser. The fact that these websites are promoted in such shady way is already suspicious; This option should be used by those who think Gosearchsafely.com plug-in records your browsing history and send these records to the 3rd party producers of this bogus content.
How to delete Gosearchsafely.com?
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Scan your PC with Anti-Malware Tool, Hitman Pro and adwcleaner to remove any trojans that might have installed the plugin. Plus, even the experienced computer users might not notice an existence of other and maybe even more severe PUPs on the system, so in all cases, we recommend to remove this computer threat automatically. If you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will do our best to answer them all. Second, it is possible to get rid of it manually. however, if, for any reason, these instructions do not work for you at all, you should scan your computer with an automatic scanner, such as Anti-Malware Tool. Lastly, you may also take a look at the manual elimination instructions if you think that malware removal program is not needed for you.
- Common Gosearchsafely.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Installs itself without permissions
- Gosearchsafely.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
Gosearchsafely.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 27%
- Windows 7 30%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 32%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gosearchsafely.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Gosearchsafely.com from Windows
Remove Gosearchsafely.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Gosearchsafely.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Gosearchsafely.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Gosearchsafely.com from Your Browsers
Remove Gosearchsafely.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Gosearchsafely.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Gosearchsafely.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Gosearchsafely.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Gosearchsafely.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.