Document Converter virus: how does it work?
There is no need to say that sponsored search results ordinarily are not accurate, and your search experience will not be as good as it could be if you would use another search engine. Although this search website is claiming that it is powered by Yahoo and that is capable of helping people to improve their browsing on the Internet, we can not guarantee that these claims are true. Due to this, you should make sure that the potentially undesirable program has no way to enter the computer. its features, distribution and, of course, removal. rather aggressively takes over Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. it makes some secret modifications there and starts rerouting victims’ search sessions.
However, it is necessary to get acquainted with or easylifeapp.com. Programs that are usually involved to the distribution of Document Converter hijacker are video recording software, download managers, PDF creators, web browsers and similar applications that are actively offered for free. How did you land on it? It’s very important to mention that such and similar potentially unwanted programs are mainly distributed bundled with other freewares. A malicious software installer modifies the browser during installation and sets Document Converter as its homepage. Of course, we still do not think that it is a good idea to keep Document Converter in your homepage’s, search engine’s, and New Tab page’s places.
Is it possible to prevent bundled installers?
The other statement from the Policy indicates that by using Document Converter plug-in you secretly consent to such transfer of your PII, without even having been notified separately: It can affect one of these browsers or all of them at the same time. We recommend using “BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO GRANT POLARITY PERMISSION TO COLLECT YOUR URLS AND SEARCH DATA, INCLUDING SEARCH QUERIES THAT MAY CONTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, SHARE THEM WITH THIRD PARTIES, AND USE SEARCH-RELATED COOKIES.” Of course, personal details are not the only ones it records. If Mohammed won’t come to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed? The installed software will reliably protect the operating system and will warn you which unreliable programs to delete.
It seems that Document Converter is down temporarily so instead of ending up on a modified Yahoo search results page, you get redirected to freshy.com, which is also a webpage that is not functioning. In order to spread those threats as widely as possible, developers often misuse the names of legitimate programs and make people believe that they are reliable. You can delete Document Converter automatically as well. You do not need to tell us that you have not set this search tool yourself because we already know that the majority of people find this dubious search engine set on their browsers because a browser hijacker has entered their computers. But the software bundle can be unbundled. Deleting files without knowing enough about them might cause more harm to computer. select an
Why do security experts NOT recommend using this search provider?
If you are wondering how Document Converter virus has infiltrated into your browsers, most likely, it happened when you were downloading some free utility from the Internet, for example, a PDF creator, media players, download manager, etc. Remove Document Converter malware by employing one of the latter We suggest that you install Anti-Malware Tool because it can remove Document Converter, shield the system from various threats, and save your time and energy. Just head below. Also, staying away from unfamiliar websites would also be a good idea because quite often users download unwanted programs when they visit random file-sharing websites. We have prepared guidelines for that under this article.
Document Converter Behavior
- Document Converter Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Document Converter Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
Document Converter effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 25%
- Windows 7 22%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Document Converter.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Document Converter Geography
Remove Document Converter from Windows
Remove Document Converter from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Document Converter from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Document Converter from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Document Converter from Your Browsers
Remove Document Converter from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Document Converter from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Document Converter (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Document Converter from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Document Converter) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.