Information about Fanatical Assistant virus
The majority of undesirable applications based on JustPlugIt engine are distributed via InstallRex installers, which means that you will not even notice how and when Fanatical Assistant enters your system. tool for improving people’s browsing. In fact, there is a long list of such programs, including 1SaleADay, Coupon Buddy, Dorrible Ribble For this and many other reasons Fanatical Assistant is classified as an adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) that you should avoid at all costs. These ads may look catchy, but you have to keep in mind that they may hold corrupted hyperlinks, which usually link users to third-party websites. browsing habits and then may use this information for targeted advertising.
Fanatical Assistant is promoted along with other freewares and sharewares. Be mindful and do not let your curiosity trick you to click on these ads – some of these ads will redirect you to websites that may be really infectious. This is possible since the adware program in question connects to various adware servers, which are well-known to be the main source of all the annoying ads and pop-ups. Even though Fanatical Assistant virus targets solely personally non-identifiable information, including search terms, websites accessed, data entered in them, clicks, etc., you can never know for what purposes third parties may use it. Keep in mind that all Fanatical Assistant ads that are labeled as “Ads by Fanatical Assistant”, “Powered by Fanatical Assistant”, etc. Various PUPs are usually hidden in Custom and Advanced options.
How can you protect your computer from this virus?
Fanatical Assistant Ads can appear any time you navigate on the Internet. All you have to do is to download reliable anti-malware application, such as Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool, install it on your computer and then run a full scan of all files stored on your hard drive. We recommend you selecting Automatic removal option because manual removal method doesn’t guarantee that all potentially unwanted programs will be eliminated. Of course, such ads look very attractive, but you should NOT click on ads by Fanatical Assistant. The easiest way to protect the system is to keep an antimalware tool, for instance, Anti-Malware Tool enabled all the time. In order to do that, you should always rely on Advanced or Custom installation option (instead of Quick/Basic) and read all the terms that are provided to you.
* Remove Fanatical Assistant via Add/Remove Programs list. It is a potentially unwanted program that can lead to many issues. seeing ‘Fanatical Assistant! It spreads in conjunction with other free programs. To avoid such infiltrations if future, you have to be more careful with your new downloads. Thus you have to opt for the Advanced setup mode and uncheck the preselected programs. The program also often comes back after system reboot. Read all the terms and conditions as well. This way, you will prevent browser hijackers, adware, and other computer parasites from entering your PC and you won’t have to worry about their removal later.
How to remove Fanatical Assistant Share virus?
To get rid of Fanatical Assistants from your computer you have to eliminate the adware that causes these messages. To learn more about specific features of We guess that no one wants such browsing experience. That means once inside That’s why you should not keep it installed on your computer. Do not skip any steps (don’t just click “next” and “Agree” buttons all the time before reading the whole thing first) and opt out for a custom or advanced install mode – this will allow you to see all available options.
Fanatical Assistant Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Fanatical Assistant browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Fanatical Assistant effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 32%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 29%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Fanatical Assistant.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Fanatical Assistant Geography
Remove Fanatical Assistant from Windows
Remove Fanatical Assistant from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Fanatical Assistant from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Fanatical Assistant from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Fanatical Assistant from Your Browsers
Remove Fanatical Assistant from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Fanatical Assistant from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Fanatical Assistant (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Fanatical Assistant from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Fanatical Assistant) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.