WHY AM I REDIRECTED TO Package Tracker Online website?
Package Tracker Online is the most recent browser hijacker by StepitApp. Basically, this virus belongs to the category of the browser hijackers. It should be pointed out that Package Tracker Online is not a browser hijacker, because it does not enter your computer surreptitiously. So when you Package Tracker Online from your computer, you should also take note of the potential distribution channels used by such applications. Apart from that, it must be said that its search results can feature ads and links to questionable websites and it can gather information about you and use it for personalizing the advertising campaign. If that was not enough, you must know that it could prove to be quite dangerous since it might subject your PC to suspicious and even malicious web content. Its creators are also making advertising revenue by promoting affiliate links.
The last but not the least dangerous thing related to this browser hijacker is that it may That can mean only one thing: However, no matter that they are safe programs, they What is more, the program can record your browsing activity and send this information to the remote server. We can’t claim that this program is a virus. If you type in the same query straight to the Google.com page, results will differ from the ones that are brought to you via Package Tracker Online virus. Even though most of the results are just irrelevant sponsored ones, some of them could prove to be hosting potentially harmful redirect links.
When did I get infect with the hijacker?
You should remove Package Tracker Online from your computer as soon as you detect it on your system. Therefore, a lot of users do not even realize that they are under attack and leave this extension in their browsers. is traveling bundled with other freeware that can be downloaded from the Internet. A skipped or a missed step could result in an incomplete removal. Nevertheless, if you prefer dealing with viruses manually, you should follow our expert-prepared Package Tracker Online removal instructions closely, to avoid elimination errors. Also, make sure that you follow all steps cautiously so as not to make any mistakes and, consequently, create more problems for yourself.
How to get rid of this threat?
Since Package Tracker Online virus affects all web browsers, you have to fix each of them separately. If you use Internet Explorer, you will just need to find the browser hijacker’s entry on the list and click the Package Tracker Online/Uninstall button. In case you do not have time to deal with this computer parasite manually, or if you find these instructions difficult to understand, complete Package Tracker Online removal using an automatic spyware/malware removal tool. Another option is automatic removal. Never agree changing your homepage to unknown websites either.
Package Tracker Online Behavior
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Package Tracker Online Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Common Package Tracker Online behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Slows internet connection
- Package Tracker Online Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Package Tracker Online Shows commercial adverts
- Integrates into the web browser via the Package Tracker Online browser extension
Package Tracker Online effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 35%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Package Tracker Online.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Package Tracker Online Geography
Remove Package Tracker Online from Windows
Remove Package Tracker Online from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Package Tracker Online from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Package Tracker Online from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Package Tracker Online from Your Browsers
Remove Package Tracker Online from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Package Tracker Online from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Package Tracker Online (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Package Tracker Online from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Package Tracker Online) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.