Why has Search.bunnybarny.com virus selected my web browser to hijack?
Do not believe this scam! After users enter this website, they are usually pushed into purchasing licensed this malware’s version but before that they are also foolishly informed that there have been tons of viruses detected on their PCs. In fact, we have categorized this threat source as a browser hijacker. Despite it’s regular looking, it has been categorized as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to several downsides that it has. Such exposure often has disastrous outcomes, to say the least.
Once inside, Search.bunnybarny.com modifies your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome settings. If you want, you can change the image of the homepage background, and you can click a button revealing the latest weather forecast. Of course, it shouldn’t be ignored because it may start collecting information about your browsing habits or may even redirect you to suspicious websites that it tries to promote. However, we can not guarantee that your browsing habits will not be used against you. As soon as Search.bunnybarny.com installs a web browser, it enables third-party links and pop-ups that are injected into the search results that you receive.
How can I remove Search.bunnybarny.com redirect virus?
As we have already mentioned, Search.bunnybarny.com virus is promoted using free programs that belong to Usually the program doesn’t allow to replace Search.bunnybarny.com with any other search providers. If you choose custom installation, you may see some pre-checked confirmation boxes that tell about additional programs available to download. In addition, you could spot the gsearch folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%, which the infection will create. The rogue advertised domains might be unfit for usage as they might be constructed as carriers of malicious programs. Also, you should choose right installation settings – all you need to do to choose ”custom” or ”advanced” mode instead of ”standard” or ”default” and untick all the boxes that suggest unwanted content.
Who said removing viruses from your computer will be difficult? When you download and install some free app from torrent links, P2P sharing sites, even legitimate websites such as CNET, for instance, you can get this browser hijacker on your device. To avoid this possibility, do not recklessly download free applications from the Internet. When the installation process is finished, Search.bunnybarny.com browser hijacker finds its place on your computer as well. However, it’s vital to stick in mind the fact that browser hijackers and other PUPs care extremely vulnerable, what means that they can be misused by cyber criminals who may use the cookies for the disclosure of personal details.
How can I delete this browser hijacker from my system?
If you are infected with Search.bunnybarny.com virus, you have two options that can help you to get rid of it. We argue that it is a potential security threat because of the content it may be used to promote. Needless to say, this guide does not represent the removal of other unwanted programs, and we do not recommend relying on it when trying to eliminate other threats. You can use an automatic malware removal software and let it identify and remove components of this questionable piece of software Secondly, set the installation wizard into Advanced/Custom mode and omit the additional applications already selected (usually the single app you download and install have additional installs). Thus, if you ever considered installing one, you should hesitate no more. If you want to escape the fate of getting hijacked by the potentially unwanted program, you should change your habits installing new software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Common Search.bunnybarny.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Search.bunnybarny.com Shows commercial adverts
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search.bunnybarny.com browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Search.bunnybarny.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Search.bunnybarny.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Search.bunnybarny.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 27%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 34%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.bunnybarny.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Search.bunnybarny.com from Windows
Remove Search.bunnybarny.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.bunnybarny.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.bunnybarny.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.bunnybarny.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.bunnybarny.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.bunnybarny.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.bunnybarny.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.bunnybarny.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.bunnybarny.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.