What is Fast Search.filecompressorpro.com?
Although Search.filecompressorpro.com pretends to be a reputable search engine “serving customers globally” and seems to be so from the first glimpse, it’s actually known as a browser hijacker. The extension adds the Search.filecompressorpro.com to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. first research on this program. However, you have just landed on a proper web page because our security experts have already tested this search engine, verified its danger level and submitted a step-by-step removal guide that will help you to fix this issue just in several clicks. However, the fact that it gets inside without permission asked and modifies DNS setting on each of your web browser seem not fair.
This browser hijacker comes from the same group as Websearch.just-browse.info, Websearch.searchiseasy.info and other similar infections. Our specialists found out that the threat may be distributed with the help of malicious pop-ups. Manual removal guide is provided below this article. Make sure you remove it from all browsers and restore their settings. Please, be careful with this program because careless installation can result in the appearance of unwanted search engine on your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari web browsers. If you want to keep your PC secure, we highly suggest you to avoid Many computer users simply miss the information about the modifications made to the search tools.
How can Search.filecompressorpro.com hijack my web browser? Is it possible to prevent that?
As it was said in the beginning, Search.filecompressorpro.com is a browser hijacker, so it does not actually install itself on the system like other programs do. When you perform a search on it, you are instantaneously redirected to the modified search results of Google Search. t installed it by yourself, security experts recommend to remove Search.filecompressorpro.com in order to avoid further annoying actions. As it turns out some of the results presented to you could be embedded with redirect links. It is a shocking fact, but it is the truth.
To remove Search.filecompressorpro.com virus from your computer, go to It adds the pages to your search results and expects you to visit them. In order to make computer users install such PUPs, people who create them collaborate with developers of free and popular programs and bundle their products together. You might have unwillingly accepted an offer to install it when setting up That way all the settings will be set to default. Later on, watch for any add-ons which seem unnecessary.
Search.filecompressorpro.com removal guide
The Default settings of the installation wizard are not safe to use, if you download and install free software. Most likely, you haven’t even noticed when exactly this change was made. These scanners will not only eliminate every trace of this browser hijacker, but also protect your device for future invasions. The browser hijacker could be easily exploited by cyber criminals for malware distribution! Be careful – these settings do not reveal the suggestions to install additional programs. only the fact that you have eliminated Search.filecompressorpro.com on your own. These steps are presented below.
- Common Search.filecompressorpro.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Search.filecompressorpro.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search.filecompressorpro.com browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Search.filecompressorpro.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Search.filecompressorpro.com Shows commercial adverts
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
Search.filecompressorpro.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 38%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.filecompressorpro.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com from Windows
Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.filecompressorpro.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.filecompressorpro.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.filecompressorpro.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.filecompressorpro.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.