The essential information about Search-starter.com by SaferBrowser virus
Search-starter.com is deemed as a PUP because it spreads by bundling. The Internet has no boundaries; Once Search-starter.com gets inside its target PC system, it typically takes over the start page and default search engine. Search-starter.com hijacker may display you altered search results. We are not trying to say that this search engine has been created to infect you with malware, but you should not rule out such a possibility. In fact, it might not be enough to delete this toolbar via Control Panel. Search-starter.com domain introduces a prevalent content and stands as a searching facility. Find more about its removal provided in the final paragraph of the article.
Usually, we advise our readers to download software from well-known and reliable web pages. If you look at the Find Weather label at the right upper corner on the main page of Search-starter.com, you will notice the tiny tag powered by Safer Browser below it. Some of these include Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Muziic Embeddable Player, PriceGong and Coupish. In addition, it has a bar at the top with buttons opening news, games, and other third-party pages. As these advertisements are result of Trojans, your PC is in danger of more serious infections as well. Such partnerships can come between Search-starter.com and third-party advertisers, creating rogue promotions or offers.
How did Search-starter.com hijack my computer without my permission?
On top of all the intrusive features, Search-starter.com could also prove to be a major virtual threat. As you see, it looks like a regular search provider. If you haven’t dealt with browser hijacker before, follow the guidelines that are down below. For one, there is no website that would distribute this hijacker, and so, it is obvious that the application comes bundled with freeware. What is more, in order to check if a program is safe enough, you should read its end-user license agreement part.
This potentially unwanted program is commonly encountered as an attachment to popularly downloadable programs. It adds plenty of commercial websites among your search results and also displays random ads among them and when you surf on random websites. If you have not deleted viruses manually before and have no idea where to start, you will find a detailed guide provided below this article. Usually, it is possible to Search-starter.com the unwanted programs manually, but if you find the task too tedious, you can rely on the same security app to do the job for you. It is imperative that you eliminate ALL threats active on your PC; For example, you can find a “Scan Domain” button that actually leads to search.cubokit.com/? ‘Uninstall a Program’ or ‘Add/Remove Programs’ and choose ‘Uninstall’ button if you see the Search-starter.com
HOW CAN I REMOVE Search-starter.com PAGERAGE virus?
Below you will find our step-by-step removal instructions which should help you uninstall the unwanted program, but our advice is to implement a powerful anti-malware program. It comes as a bundle to various freeware, like media players, PDF creators, download managers and so on. It is better to get rid of it, as soon as you notice it on any of your browsers. Thus, you must understand that installation is a serious procedure which must be carried out with caution to every detail. Next, set Advanced or Custom settings and see whether the installer offers a list of optional applications that are recommended to install alongside your preferred app. Upon installing a new program, opt for “Advanced” settings and then carefully unmark all add-ons which you deem to be unnecessary.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search-starter.com browser extension
- Search-starter.com Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Common Search-starter.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Installs itself without permissions
- Search-starter.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Search-starter.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
Search-starter.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 32%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 40%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search-starter.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Search-starter.com from Windows
Remove Search-starter.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search-starter.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search-starter.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search-starter.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search-starter.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search-starter.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search-starter.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search-starter.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search-starter.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.