Search.stheweatherpilot.com belongs to PUP and browser hijacker categories. Why?
To remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. might look like regular search engine at first sight, but don’t fall for that trick. Search.stheweatherpilot.com is developed and maintained by Smart Apps, which is also known as Enchanted Apps, 215 Apps, and Engaging Apps. what harm can one domain do? What happens after you have carried out a search and why you need to remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com application from your computer’s system, as well as, how to do that – all and every point will be covered in this article. Please, never use such websites for your searches and run automated anti-malware tools and remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com!
Search.stheweatherpilot.com has been categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to the fact that it is frequently added alongside free software as ‘optional download’ and spread around in one pack. This distribution method is misleading because in most of the cases it trick people into installing potentially unwanted programs along with a popular free software without suspecting that. You will be hardly able to use your browser normally. Some of the listed pages have commercial purposes and if you visit them, they will try to convince you to purchase something. It might happen right after the installation of a doubtful free program.
How can this hijacker infect your computer?
If you enter keywords into the search field presented via Search.stheweatherpilot.com, you are automatically routed to Google Search, where search results corresponding to your keywords are shown. This means that every time you download some programs from these websites, you will have a high chance that Search.stheweatherpilot.com will be installed to your browser as well. Thus, it is likely that before you find yourself in a requested web page, you will have to exit several annoying redirects. People usually download these software bundles from third-party web pages that contain software, e.g. Search.stheweatherpilot.com and its clones are likely to be based on a pay-per-click system, which means that the developers of this adware will earn money every time you click on an advertisement.
How to remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com redirects from my computer?
You should not worry too much if you spot a browser hijacker on your computer because this kind of software can be easily removed. You can do that with the help of manual removal guide that is given below or several anti-spyware tools that we selected after testing this PUP. For this reason, we recommend to run a full security scan, while using a sophisticated anti-malware tool. Also never agree to change you search provider or homepage to unfamiliar websites. Launch the antimalware software, scan the system and erase all detections while clicking the removal button. If you want to get rid of Search.stheweatherpilot.com and other untrustworthy programs existing on your PC automatically, scan your system with Anti-Malware Tool.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search.stheweatherpilot.com browser extension
- Search.stheweatherpilot.com Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Common Search.stheweatherpilot.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Search.stheweatherpilot.com Connects to the internet without your permission
Search.stheweatherpilot.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 26%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.stheweatherpilot.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Windows
Remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.stheweatherpilot.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.stheweatherpilot.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.stheweatherpilot.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.