TheMediaConverter Promos ads – are they dangerous?
Have you noticed any occasional TheMediaConverter Promos Deals advertisements showing up on your computer? This is a sign that your computer contains some adware program. Though TheMediaConverter Promos program may seem a legitimate tool for optimizing online shopping, it has unfavorable effects which determine TheMediaConverter Promos as a PUP – a potentially unwanted program. It takes over entire window of your browser and doesn’t allow you to close it or open another tab. It is mostly interested in their search terms, mostly visited websites and similar things, but it may also record information about PC’s IP address, location, email address and data that is entered on each of website.
There is no official website or a separate installer for TheMediaConverter Promos, despite the fact that there are at least two homepages for the application – TheMediaConverter Promos and yealt.com. Feven virus might infect any browser and no browser is safe. Sometimes adware are installed when you click on infected links. it does not mean that this program will not inject its advertisements as banners on the pages that you visit. that is why this program usually shows attractive and interesting TheMediaConverter Promos It reviews your browsing history, downloads, search queries, frequently used keywords and other browsing related information.
How did TheMediaConverter Promos hijack my computer? I am sure I did not allow this program to enter my computer.
The adware programs is also capable of collecting particular information, including your IP address, type of your operating system, type of the browsers, browser language, your default search provider, search queries, browsing history, time zone, and your approximate location. Most of the adware, browser plugins and other unwanted programs come bundled with your free downloads. This is not a fair activity. This is why it may not be enough for you to delete If you want to avoid bundling, you need to known that there are hundreds of freewares that can be used for spreading this and other browser add-ons. Do not be naive and follow certain rules during Setup Wizards. For that, we highly recommend choosing a Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then deselecting all checkboxes that say that you agree to download TheMediaConverter Promos or other related browser add-ons.
Another unwanted attribute of TheMediaConverter Promos is data collection. It will be difficult to enjoy browsing with questionable content being brought to you on random occasions. In order to avoid them, you should remove the program that causes these ads during your browsing. Always read their Terms and Agreements and never agree downloading any suspicious tools. That’s because they don’t want you to know who they are. on your computer because it has also been actively spread with the help of bundling.
How to remove Cinema Plus virus from my computer?
TheMediaConverter Promos is like an advertising network for cyber criminals – since they are banned from almost all legitimate advertising networks, they use adware such as TheMediaConverter Promos to promote their products and build traffic to their websites. It comes bundled to various freeware, like music or video players, PDF creators, etc. Or, should we say, they cannot deliver. Make sure you opt for a Custom installation and never allow unknown programs to enter your system. Terms and Agreements of the software also provide a lot of important information, so take your time to have a look at them too.
TheMediaConverter Promos Behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the TheMediaConverter Promos browser extension
- TheMediaConverter Promos Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Slows internet connection
- Common TheMediaConverter Promos behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- TheMediaConverter Promos Shows commercial adverts
TheMediaConverter Promos effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 39%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in TheMediaConverter Promos.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
TheMediaConverter Promos Geography
Remove TheMediaConverter Promos from Windows
Remove TheMediaConverter Promos from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove TheMediaConverter Promos from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove TheMediaConverter Promos from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove TheMediaConverter Promos from Your Browsers
Remove TheMediaConverter Promos from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete TheMediaConverter Promos from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with TheMediaConverter Promos (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate TheMediaConverter Promos from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to TheMediaConverter Promos) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.