TopicLookup. What kind of software is it? Is it safe to keep it on PC system?
TopicLookup is a potentially unwanted program, which can easily enter its target PC’s system without user’s approval. Its name and functions are similar to the Mini Adblocker and Supreme Adblocker that have already been discussed in out blog. Usually it gets installed to an infected computer without its user’s consent or knowledge. This could easily result in particular computer security issues that could be prevented if you TopicLookupd TopicLookup at once. If you started seeing They can become really annoying.
It’s not very difficult to indicate whether your computer is infected with However, its developers have clearly forgotten to warn people that they may need to start dealing with its ads every time when they start their browsing on the web. Unfortunately, in most of the cases it spreads around alongside various freewares and sharewares. We recommend downloading Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla and run a full system scan. Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and others. Check every single program that you are willing to install and try to find hidden attachments. On top of that, the virus may also gather non-personal information about your browsing habits and system information and share or sell this data to other, untrusted sources.
How does this program spread and how can you prevent it from hijacking your computer?
TopicLookup is a misleading web browser add-on that may cause suspicious redirects, display annoying ads and make your browsing unbearable. manually and you want to get rid of it, you can easily remove this program from your computer. It has been noticed that in some cases, adverts powered by TopicLookup could contain redirect links. The bottom line is that you will not know what site you will land on until you click the presented link. downloads. Don’t forget to read Terms and Agreements whenever you are installing a new application. another components. You will have to do it manually by yourself.
If you did not download TopicLookup from its official website, there are high chances that you have installed this adware program without realizing it. Since this adware has no uninstaller, you cannot TopicLookup it via Control Panel. Anti-Malware Tool, hitman or other legitimate tool that you trust. virus on your computer, you should follow this guide: Check your system for those files/folder/registry entries after manual removal to make sure that the infection was deleted completely. If you are an experienced user and want to try manual removal first, follow the tutorial below. Do your best to complete all steps correctly and you will be able to eliminate
How to uninstall this suspicious PC intruder from my system?
If you have faced some difficulties during the removal, feel free to ask us for help in the comments section below and we will do our best to provide you with needed assistance. The problem is that all those offers come in annoying form of advertisements, such as pop-up, pop-under, in-text, banner or contextual ads. In case you have faced some difficulties during the removal, feel free to ask us in the comments section below and we will do our best to provide you with needed assistance. To avoid such infiltrations in the future, you should be more careful with what you are installing to your system and follow the installation steps more attentively. Due to this reason TopicLookup lies under this category as well. Lastly, we would like to remind you to give it a second look before finishing the installation of a new program.
- TopicLookup Connects to the internet without your permission
- TopicLookup Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Integrates into the web browser via the TopicLookup browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
TopicLookup effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 39%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in TopicLookup.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove TopicLookup from Windows
Remove TopicLookup from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove TopicLookup from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove TopicLookup from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove TopicLookup from Your Browsers
Remove TopicLookup from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete TopicLookup from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with TopicLookup (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate TopicLookup from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to TopicLookup) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.