HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH PUP.Optional.linkury browser hijacker?
PUP.Optional.linkury website gives an appearance or a completely regular and normal search engine, however, it is not a good search engine, and it should not be used. is a questionable search provider that may appear on your web browsers without downloading it. Let’s start from the fact that some experts classify this application as browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). I did not set it! It may get inside right after installing a freeware and take over Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer immediately.
PUP.Optional.linkury can be installed consciously and without any permission asked. In most cases, people end up with this website stuck on their web browsers if they tend to install any kind of freeware using Default/Standard installation settings. That’s why we highly recommend you to avoid this search engine and continue using Google, Yahoo or Bing. As a matter of fact, this is one of the most important reasons/motives to delete this strange search provider right away. In short, PUP.Optional.linkury redirect prevents you to.
How is this suspicious program distributed?
PUP.Optional.linkury is a browser extension compatible with Google Chrome browser. Redirects to this search engine can be noticed after downloading a download manager, PDF creator, video streaming software and similar programs that are filled with browser hijackers. Unfortunately, some of these pages might be unsafe and users can get infected if they end up visiting them. Such facts are gathered to find out your interests. You should also keep in mind that your antivirus will not protect you unconditionally, so you have to look out for viruses yourself. It does not produce any real offers and simply disrupts your browsing with its presence.
To remove Some of these programs can track your browsing history and try go get information about your interests. While this information is not personally identifiable, we doubt that you would like to share it with third parties, and it is very like that your information might be transferred to them. Utilize other news portals to receive the trending daily news. First, use a malware scanner to check if the software you have downloaded is malicious. Scan with Anti-Malware Tool as it identifies such programs quite well.
How to uninstall this annoying program from the computer?
If you do not think that the search engine is worth risking your computer’s safety, we advise you to delete it right away. It can enter your browsers while you install some medial player, download manager, etc. Please follow each step closely to eliminate PUP.Optional.linkury PUP for good. Thus, finding them in the usual way might become too tiresome. These kinds of downloaders are most likely featured on fake software-distributing websites that focus on disseminating malware. Follow the comprehensive removal guide of PUP.Optional.linkury below. Considering the complexity of the threat, we strongly recommend choosing automatic PUP.Optional.linkury removal method, which requires installing anti-spyware, updating it to its latest version and running a full system scan.
- PUP.Optional.linkury Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- PUP.Optional.linkury Connects to the internet without your permission
- Common PUP.Optional.linkury behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- PUP.Optional.linkury Shows commercial adverts
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the PUP.Optional.linkury browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
PUP.Optional.linkury effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in PUP.Optional.linkury.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove PUP.Optional.linkury from Windows
Remove PUP.Optional.linkury from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove PUP.Optional.linkury from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove PUP.Optional.linkury from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove PUP.Optional.linkury from Your Browsers
Remove PUP.Optional.linkury from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete PUP.Optional.linkury from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with PUP.Optional.linkury (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate PUP.Optional.linkury from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to PUP.Optional.linkury) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.