Facts you should know about Astromenda.com virus:
The Astromenda.com browser extension is owned and maintained by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc, which is famous for various interactive browser extensions and add-ons. Typically if you click on any search result in Google page, you are redirected through this system to an irrelevant website. We can’t recommend using this site for your search sessions because it seems that its owner, CBS Interactive Inc., collects users’ browsing data and shares this information with the third parties. First of all, let’s have a look at its official website that claims: Astromenda.com’s user agreement clearly notifies that its owners track users and their browsing habits. search.searchwytsn.com, search.searcheasyw.com, and search.fc-cmf.com.
Astromenda.com is a search engine that is considered to be a clone for Youfoundit.net, Topfindings.net, Expressfind.net, and several other search sites. However, more frequently users come across with Astromenda.com redirect virus, which gets inside the system in a bundle with freeware or other third party software. This virus affects every browser on the device, so you cannot avoid it by switching from one browser to another. That’s where you have to refuse installing any unknown applications. Thus, do not even consider keeping it any longer. According to our researchers, this has to be done ASAP because Astromenda.com is known to be a search engine that might redirect to third-party websites promoting malicious software. Unfortunately, it may cause Astromenda.com redirects to affiliate websites of this tool, which, unfortunately, may be filled with questionable content and trick you into installing other computer threats.
how to remove Astromenda.com?
If you want to protect yourself and avoid unwanted programs and activities that can be caused by them, you should stop downloading programs without checking them first. To stop them and annoying pop-up alerts from That is so because the search box on a dubious homepage could present you with results embedded with redirect links. In the following manner, web traffic is provoked to the suspicious domains of 3rd party which, in most cases, spread other hijackware, adware, or even spyware and ransomware. However, tests have shown this to be a false claim because it does none of that. You should not count on them as they do not let users adjust the components of the software.
There are mainly two options to get rid of this malware. It may flood your computer with ads that contain links to sponsored pages or that have direct links to download potentially unwanted programs. You may need to deselect few check boxes to refuse unwanted changes. We should also consider the possibility of Astromenda.com being distributed bundled with freeware. However, if you feel your computer skills good enough for the manual Astromenda.com removal, you can check our step-by-step guide below and remove the virus yourself. Then
How to get rid of Astromenda.com
Redirects to Astromenda.com and other unknown websites is one of the most dangerous activities that it may initiate on your computer. In order the removal of this unwanted program be implemented professionally, you will need to exploit professional malware removal tools such as Anti-Malware Tool and Anti-Malware Tool. We, of course, have composed a manual removal guide that will help you get rid of this unwanted homepage once and for all. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers. So if you want to Astromenda.com please follow the instructions provided below. Last, but not least, Astromenda.com removal using Anti-Malware Tool or alternative anti-spyware is highly recommended because it can diminish your PC’s performance significantly and weaken its performance. However, some version may require you to uninstall a program via Control Panel and manually delete some junk files.
- Changes user's homepage
- Astromenda.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Astromenda.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Integrates into the web browser via the Astromenda.com browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Astromenda.com Shows commercial adverts
Astromenda.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Astromenda.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Astromenda.com from Windows
Remove Astromenda.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Astromenda.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Astromenda.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Astromenda.com from Your Browsers
Remove Astromenda.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Astromenda.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Astromenda.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Astromenda.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Astromenda.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.