Encryptedsearch.org hijacks Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Why?
Encryptedsearch.org created by DP Search is a browser plug-in that pretends to be a genuine search site. It is mainly introduced to computer users who live in Turkey, Egypt and other Middle East countries. This means it can attack computer users from all over the world and the number of the affected browsers can grow very quickly. thus, if you happen to find this hijacker running on your operating system, make sure not to waste any time and conduct its complete removal. First, as soon as we entered, we were welcomed with 6 advertisements for different facilities. Its presence on your computer is rather worrisome because there may be other malware threats as well that entered your PC together with this hijacker.
Encryptedsearch.org Virus is distributed using aggressive methods in order to gain as many users as possible. However, those users who encounter third party browser extensions and add-ons would recognize the layout of the website immediately. Some users say that their web browsers open with Encryptedsearch.org automatically even when they do not surf the web and their browsers are closed. This extension alters browser’s settings and sets this page as your new main page and a default search engine. One single click could redirect you to Encryptedsearch.org or you may also download a bundle of malware infections that could cause serious system security issues on your computer. Encryptedsearch.org is categorized together with other browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
How can this virus hijack my PC?
In most cases, this invasive hijacker is spread via bundled installers. Imali Media software is spread all across the world, and we have found that Encryptedsearch.org is most “popular” in China, Brazil, India, Libya, and Angola. Instead of the accurate and relevant search results, this browser hijacker displays a bunch of unknown and suspicious links. They might be placed at the top of the page with search results, or they might be inserted among them so that users would not be able to recognize them. There is a chance you might come across malware, such as Trojans or viruses. What is more, Encryptedsearch.org tracks your online surfing, IP address and similar information to sell it to 3rd party to enhance their advertising (or better to say malvertising) and, of course, to get money.
The worst part about Encryptedsearch.org virus is that it can easily redirect users to potentially dangerous websites. To do this go to Control Panel -> Some users have also noticed excessive amount of ads among their search results. This is the last search provider you should trust. Of course, you can try to do that yourself, but this might be really difficult to do. While they receive profit, you only get that insecure feeling that some nasty guys misuse your data. you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers. Commonly, such websites are unreliable, so you should not browse through them.
How to remove Encryptedsearch.org redirects?
After you complete the removal of the adware program, click the download button below to download a free scanner which will examine the system and provide you with the search results in no time so that you know what further actions are necessary. As you can see, it is highly malicious because its developers have made arrangements to distribute it maliciously, so it can get onto your browser without your knowledge. Usually you have preselected options indicating about these changes, which must be deselected. The free version of the scanner that will detect all the threats can be easily downloaded from our website 2virus-removal.com. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Common Encryptedsearch.org behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
Encryptedsearch.org effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 25%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 34%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Encryptedsearch.org.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Encryptedsearch.org from Windows
Remove Encryptedsearch.org from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Encryptedsearch.org from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Encryptedsearch.org from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Encryptedsearch.org from Your Browsers
Remove Encryptedsearch.org from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Encryptedsearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Encryptedsearch.org (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Encryptedsearch.org from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Encryptedsearch.org) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.