GetFamilyHistory. Information about this browser hijacker:
Our research concluded that there are basically two main reasons why you may find this potentially harmful website in your browsers. From a first glance, it might appear as an ordinary search engine. Once inside, it may hijack all most popular web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and set numerous search providers, including Websearch.searchinweb.info by This way it builds better traffic for certain websites and, at the same time, it makes money from affiliate marketing. These tools do not clearly disclose about changing your browser settings and most of the users notice the modifications only after the infiltration.
For those users, who are dealing with the hijacker for the first time, this questionable search provider might not give any suspicious vibes. Typically, it is presented as a powerful search engine. Manual removal guide of GetFamilyHistory is provided below this article. This primary objective for every search network is assign to Google Custom Search. In addition, it admits that these activities help for its developers to earn the money via pay-per-click method: Well, actually this is only true in the cases when the third-party ad or link installs it directly. However, because of such ability, this program can reveal your email address, PC’s IP address, its location and similar data.
When did the PUP invade my computer?
Keep in mind that this toolbar is completely free, therefore, it comes hand-in-hand with commercial advertisements. In fact, this is exactly what you should do before downloading anything onto your computer. Of course, they are not authentic but contain sponsored questionable domains which, unlike in the case of Google legitimate search provider, are not checked by this rogue search engine and it does not take any responsibility for them. GetFamilyHistory. So what does it do? To avoid the risk of infecting your own PC with various threats, we suggest uninstalling GetFamilyHistory PUP (potentially unwanted program) with a reputable anti-spyware software, e.g. Remember that your PC will not be fully safe until you clean it of all infections.
If you are experiencing the listed inconveniences, you are probably infected with GetFamilyHistory virus. appears as your homepage every time you open a new tab, your browser has definitely been hijacked. We are well aware of the fact that the removal procedure is a difficult one and requires advanced computer knowledge as you will need to tweak your registry manually. You can also be involved into other marketing related campaigns. Furthermore, those leftovers could be used to restore GetFamilyHistory silently. By doing so, you will be sure that the termination procedure was a success. You should prefer “advanced” or “custom” installation method.
What should you know about the GetFamilyHistory removal:
We believe that GetFamilyHistory virus is an unnecessary program, because instead of using the bogus search engine it provides, you can just use a reliable one like Google, Bing or Yahoo and just add your favorite social media websites to bookmarks to access them quickly. It might start with redirections to affiliated adware sites at first, but later on, it would not be surprising to see a Trojan, a rogue, or even a ransomware program enter your computer. If you slide a little below the text, you will see that to delete the threat it is enough to erase the Fast Career Search extension. Users could also encounter ads that redirect to official web pages of similar threats (other browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs, etc.). Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool are sophisticated tools and will protect your device from infections at every step of the way. It is a fact that software, recommended during installation processes, is not something that you should agree to set up. Make sure you skip the Default and Standard installation modes and opt for safe Advanced and/or Custom modes.
- Integrates into the web browser via the GetFamilyHistory browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
- GetFamilyHistory Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
GetFamilyHistory effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 22%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 50%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in GetFamilyHistory.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove GetFamilyHistory from Windows
Remove GetFamilyHistory from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove GetFamilyHistory from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove GetFamilyHistory from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove GetFamilyHistory from Your Browsers
Remove GetFamilyHistory from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete GetFamilyHistory from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with GetFamilyHistory (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate GetFamilyHistory from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to GetFamilyHistory) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.