HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Hide My Searches VIRUS?
Hide My Searches virus has already The program infiltrates to random computers bundled with other software that users are downloading by themselves. to Rogue Spyware, including Malware Defender 2009, websites. However, the truth is it doesn’t operate properly. In fact, there are hundreds of Read the rest of this article and find out how Hide My Searches works and why its removal is paramount. Hide My Searches
The functionality of Hide My Searches does not differ all that much from other intrusive toolbars that come from the infamous Mindspark family. Although it is not a very dangerous program, it has some unpleasant features and because of that, it is labeled as a potentially unwanted program. To tell you the truth, Pokki is considered to be a potentially unwanted program in its own right, so you should definitely think twice whether you want to keep such programs on your computer. By saying “closely”, we mean that you will notice ask.com instead of your regular homepage and search provider after the installation of Hide My Searches. So, when infected with this virus, you will start noticing redirections on all browsers, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, at once. It conceals such links under its search outcomes, therefore, when user clicks on such modified search result, Hide My Searches redirects him/her to a predetermined website.
How did I get infected with this virus?
It should be obvious as to why you need to Hide My Searches from your operating system, but getting your system cleaned might be a little more complicated than you think. Hide My Searches ads. However, money matters intervene with the functionality of this utility as well. To avoid installing unwanted software, you must attentively inspect each program you decide to install on your computer. We recommend doing that as soon as it is virtually possible, as you may end up tackling with more serious malware threats. The toolbar can use the gathered information to provide you with modified search result pages through its third-party search tool, Ask.com.
Removing Ask Search is very simple, as all you need to do is replace it with the preferred search tool. It is possible that the program will try to redirect you to potentially dangerous websites where you can get your system infected or download more potentially unwanted programs, like browser plugins, adware and so on. Therefore, this hijacker is being spread in another way. It means that while clicking the ads, you could land on websites that distribute ransomware, viruses, Trojans, and other malware. In such a case, we recommend obtaining a reliable anti-malware scanner and remove Hide My Searches from your computer automatically.
Ways you can get rid of Hide My Searches:
We know that resisting seemingly helpful offers is not an easy task, but we hope that you can find it in yourself to be immune to them. Since removal of this hijacker is a little bit challenging, we have developed step-by-step instructions how to do it. Some might be hankering for higher traffic while others simply host malware and wait for unsuspecting victims to land into their trap. To be more specific, you can choose what you want to have on your computer installed and give thumbs down to such rogue programs as Hide My Searches is. For the manual Hide My Searches removal instructions, follow the step-by-step guide provided below.
Hide My Searches Behavior
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Slows internet connection
- Common Hide My Searches behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Hide My Searches Connects to the internet without your permission
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Hide My Searches Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Hide My Searches Shows commercial adverts
- Integrates into the web browser via the Hide My Searches browser extension
- Installs itself without permissions
Hide My Searches effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 29%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Hide My Searches.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Hide My Searches Geography
Remove Hide My Searches from Windows
Remove Hide My Searches from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Hide My Searches from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Hide My Searches from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Hide My Searches from Your Browsers
Remove Hide My Searches from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Hide My Searches from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Hide My Searches (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Hide My Searches from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Hide My Searches) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.