Why NameSync pop-up ads show up withing Chrome, IE, and Firefox web browsers?
NameSync is a usual adware that displays various coupons, discounts and commercial offers. Such messages have also been used for tricking PC users into downloading fake Java updates, fake updates for web browser and similar useless or even dangerous programs. In most of the cases, it is distributed in a bundle with freeware, shareware and other third party software. NameSync is categorized as a potentially unwanted program and it is recommended to remove it as soon as you notice its activity. Along such crucial information, we present a comprehensive removal guide that will help you terminate NameSync in just a few easy steps.
If you have already noticed NameSync on your system, you should definitely make sure that you have the unreliable program installed because there are several programs that share the same name but cannot be associated with adware or other suspicious software. Never actually trust this or similar warnings: In order to avoid such apps, you should start paying more attention to freeware’s installation and choose only Custom or Advanced installation. When trying to check NameSync, we used Anti-Malware Tool. If you want to prevent such adwares as NameSync, you should keep an eye on every installation window of your software and uncheck unfamiliar entries (NameSync in this case).
How can “NameSync” ads appear on my computer?
We recommend removing NameSync virus with a help of a reputable anti-spyware. Don’t suffer from them, act now and remove this unwanted intruder as soon as possible. removal guide. Usually this is how browser extensions, browser plugins, adware and other unwanted programs are distributed. Even if the application is not considered to be malicious, in case of unauthorized installation it should be categorized as intrusive. This application is absolutely free, so it is only natural that it supports ads. Otherwise, you web browser may become a container of ads and other marketing material.
NameSync popups cannot be trusted to provide support or services. It’s developers spread it in one pack with other free programs. Beware that it can affect multiple browsers so restore their settings separately. For that, we recommend using Anti-Malware Tool (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X). They add these PUPs to other programs disguised as “free additions” or “recommended downloads.” Unfortunately, you can find out about such additions only by selecting Advanced or Custom installation settings. If your system is infected with some other viruses, it should detect and remove them as well.
NameSync virus removal suggestions:
Select sophisticated anti-malware tools to get rid of NameSync. However, you should take all the potential risks into account and take care of this issue immediately. It’s a step-by-step tutorial that should help you to get rid of this adware quickly and easily. To avoid them, make sure you read Terms and Agreements of your downloads. On top of that, your individual information, which is acquired by the third parties from NameSync, could also be used for all kinds of criminal activity.
- Installs itself without permissions
- NameSync Shows commercial adverts
- Common NameSync behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- NameSync Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the NameSync browser extension
- NameSync Connects to the internet without your permission
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
NameSync effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 38%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in NameSync.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove NameSync from Windows
Remove NameSync from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove NameSync from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove NameSync from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove NameSync from Your Browsers
Remove NameSync from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete NameSync from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with NameSync (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate NameSync from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to NameSync) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.