What is SC?
Robotcaptcha.info is a browser plug-in, which we recommend not to download. The platform is used to display misleading pop-ups that try to scare people into thinking that there are some serious issues on their computer like, for instance, virus infection, malware, a Trojan, that they are about to be caught on a phishing attack and so on. It’s worth to mention that those ads are not only annoying, but malicious as well. Ads by Robotcaptcha.info may contain links to malicious websites, so you should be careful about them and avoid clicking on them. But that is not the worst thing about applications like Robotcaptcha.info. Unfortunately, the message is fake, so you shouldn’t follow what it claims. Be aware that it might be not the only PUP
It is known that Robotcaptcha.info, is another product of the SuperWeb LLC, and just like other Internet-based infections developed by this group, Robotcaptcha.info is known to be distributed in questionable ways. First of all, it is promoted on its official website where people can install it believing that it will help them to save money and time by delivering relevant coupons, discounts and so on. If you have just started seeing Robotcaptcha.info ads during you and then set to show annoying pop-up advertisements filled with the sponsored links. Actually, you may start receiving tens of pop-up, banner, in-text links, and other forms of ads that are labeled as “Ads by Robotcaptcha.info” or “Robotcaptcha.info Ads.” However, as stated on the EULA: Don’t forget that tracking your browsing habits is not safe.
How to get rid of Robotcaptcha.info virus?
We strongly recommend staying away from this dubious software. I.e. Do not be surprised if you suddenly receive a pop-up with an unbelievable discount on shoes that you have recently reviewed on eBay or another online shopping website. If your computer is infected with some other viruses, it should remove them as well. Be careful; Try reading Terms and Agreements as well, as they can give you a better idea of what you are downloading.
It is highly recommended to remove Robotcaptcha.info as soon as you start seeing it on your browsers. More specifically, the program records non-personally identifiable information, which includes the IP address of the computer, browser settings, your clicks, impressions, search terms, and some other details that could be used to create new advertisements and improve the quality of the program. Anti-Malware Tool, hitman or other legitimate tool that you trust. As mentioned already, the disruptive adware may be present on your PC alongside other threats, which is why we believe that automatic malware removal software should be installed. If you do so, you will be immediately redirected to some other websites that may be owned by cyber criminals and this might infect your computer or you even can get scammed if you attempt to purchase something there.
What is the best way to remove Robotcaptcha.info adware?
Feature that all potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) have: These applications come bundled to many free software that is available to download from the Internet, for example, free media players, PDF creators and so on. In order to prevent this from happening we firmly urge you to use a professional antimalware tool in order to delete Robotcaptcha.info entirely. Having this in mind, you should be extra cautious during the installation setup of each freeware. Unfortunately, you can never know what other purposes it can be used for. For a quicker and more precise virus elimination, the security experts suggest the automatic Robotcaptcha.info removal approach. This is the best way to avoid adding potentially unwanted programs.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Common Robotcaptcha.info behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Robotcaptcha.info Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
Robotcaptcha.info effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 24%
- Windows 7 33%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Robotcaptcha.info.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Windows
Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Your Browsers
Remove Robotcaptcha.info from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Robotcaptcha.info from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Robotcaptcha.info (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Robotcaptcha.info from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Robotcaptcha.info) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.