Search.easypackagetrackertab.com virus: how does it act and why should you delete it?
As many other browser hijackers, the latter one shows advertisements. Since this mysterious appearance most likely takes place without your permission, we have labeled it as a browser hijacker. In fact, this search engine comes from a notorious family of browser hijackers “distributed under an exclusive license by Polarity Technologies Ltd.,”a company based in Cyprus. This hijacker was created to show promoted links and generate advertising income, so do not expect it to deliver you a search service. Fortunately, it’s not hard to avoid them. Do not underestimate the fact that it is mainly targeted at personally non-identifiable information (search terms, websites visited, data entered in them, clicks, email address, IP address, etc.) because it may also be used for suspicious purposes.
So, if you click on a search result in Google, Yahoo, MSN and Bing and instead of the intended website you are redirected to Search.easypackagetrackertab.com engine, you should start thinking about how to uninstall this scam because it won’t stop. If you would check these two, you would immediately notice the likeness of their homepage, icons, search results, and the overall performance. The majority of PC users tend to rush through the installation process carelessly, and that’s why they end up with several computer parasites in their system. Besides, such scams as ‘This webpage cannot be found’ can also be displayed by Search.easypackagetrackertab.com redirect virus. Besides, users can check the local weather forecast quickly. instead, every single online query will go through a questionable search provider that this hijacker provides just as every online session will start on a dubious homepage. In addition, closely monitor every doubtful installation and choose advanced or custom installation option in order to follow the entire process.
How can Search.easypackagetrackertab.com hijack the computer?
Search.easypackagetrackertab.com Search.easypackagetrackertab.com is installed silently, without your consent or knowledge. That might happen if you use the search box on a newly appointed homepage because it could present you with modified results. For the best results run a full system scan with a legitimate antimalware program, such as, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman Pro. Also, you should pay your utmost attention to every single installation procedure as you could come across a chance to cancel the installation of some potentially unwanted application.
You don’t need to register or specifically download the application to use the services of this potentially unwanted program. Search.easypackagetrackertab.com as soon as possible. For this goal, users have to quit visiting rogue domains that are regarded as suspicious. Now, if your browser is already affected by Search.easypackagetrackertab.com, you probably want to uninstall it without a delay. Optional software checkboxes are filled with potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that are not recommended for Internet users. Opt for Advanced or Custom installation mode. Only when all unwanted attachments are unmarked, finish the installation wizard.
Uninstall this PC intruder from your computer:
Luckily, your computer hasn’t been infected with a serious malware, but with a minor PUP. This part of malware can be uninstalled from Control Panel. These tools are being constantly updated and developed so that they could fight the mutating malware threats in the today’s cyber world. Normally, all you have to do it deselect couple of checkmarks. Contact us via Twitter, Facebook, or Google+, and receive all the information you want about Anti-Malware Tool, the tool that we think will serve you the best.
- Common Search.easypackagetrackertab.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Search.easypackagetrackertab.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
Search.easypackagetrackertab.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 29%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.easypackagetrackertab.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Windows
Remove Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.easypackagetrackertab.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.easypackagetrackertab.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.easypackagetrackertab.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.