Issues that Speed Test Ace virus can cause:
Speed Test Ace is also known as Speed Test Ace Tool. Not only is this fake search engine a caricature of a legitimate search provider but also is it a caricature of browser hijackers. Nevertheless, Speed Test Ace News has been listed as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once executed, the parasite drops its files into the system directory (C: hence, it is advisable to remove Speed Test Ace from the PC. However, we have noticed that this search engine tends to return altered search results that typically promote related websites.
How can this virus hijack my computer?
PUPs like Speed Test Ace hijack computers in a legitimate way. These installers can be found on various free software hosting websites and their free software is known to be bundled with adware, browser hijackers, and other malware to generate income. At this point you may get confused. Later this information can be used for different marketing related purposes. What is more, during the Speed Test Ace setup, you are asked whether you want your default homepage changed to allmyweb.com and if you miss this step, your browser settings will be modified. Every visit rises web traffic and makes it possible to collect payment for every poorly thought out action. “We may collect personal information at various times when you use our website or plugin.” This means that it might gather the personal information too.
If you cannot remember installing Speed Test Ace redirect virus, it is because you do not know how to avoid installing potentially unwanted programs (PUP). This is not done without purpose or to annoy you. hijackers and similar PUPs can show up on Not to mention, Speed Test Ace hijack can lead to privacy-related issues. Remember, those untrustworthy tools that can be downloaded from the web will not help you at all, so install a security tool only after you make sure that the software which you are going to install is 100% reliable. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared.
HOW TO REMOVE Speed Test Ace hijacker?
Now let us discuss privacy as it is the most important aspect about this hijacker. It is still possible to revert the changes that this PUP has made since it is not a malicious virus. However, if you are already protected by an antivirus application, use it to run a full security scan and detect Speed Test Ace. If you do not see any applications related to this browser hijacker and your computer security software does not detect it either, use special antimalware tool capable of removing browser hijackers and adware. Never visit suspicious websites or click on random ads, as they may be sources of infections too.
Speed Test Ace Behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Speed Test Ace Connects to the internet without your permission
- Common Speed Test Ace behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Speed Test Ace Shows commercial adverts
- Integrates into the web browser via the Speed Test Ace browser extension
- Installs itself without permissions
- Speed Test Ace Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
Speed Test Ace effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 42%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Speed Test Ace.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Speed Test Ace Geography
Remove Speed Test Ace from Windows
Remove Speed Test Ace from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Speed Test Ace from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Speed Test Ace from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Speed Test Ace from Your Browsers
Remove Speed Test Ace from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Speed Test Ace from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Speed Test Ace (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Speed Test Ace from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Speed Test Ace) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.