What are the dangers of Transit Planner virus?
If you do not remember installing this search tool, chances are you have installed freeware lately. Just like other threats from this category, Transit Planner virus works on redirecting user’s search engine to wrong websites, having nothing to do with the search query and mostly filled with commercial advertisements or other unwanted content. Therefore, instead of answers, you might receive annoying ads that could lead you to trouble. Once it gets inside, Chatzum virus modifies the system and starts causing unwanted redirections to this page. That’s because it may not only disrupt your web browsing activities, but may also pose harm to your cyber security. If this were not enough, it is possible that this hijacker enters your system in a company of malware threats, which could mean multiple security issues.
Perhaps the owners of this hijacker seem to be the French or bear sympathy towards the French culture since the name – attirer page – means to “attract” a page. however, you can also find this extension on the Chrome web store, and it might be promoted by a third-party installer. When inside, Transit Planner tends to set itself as the default. For getting more power and ability to control programs that are trying to enter your computer, you should always opt for Custom or Advanced installation. The worst part is that it can track your browsing activity and send this information to the remote server. While the change of your homepage might not seem like a big deal, you must know that it will have a huge effect on the way you experience the web because you will have no choice but to start your online sessions on a suspicious third-party website whether you like it or not.
When did I come across the browser hijacker?
Redirection happens every time you launch your browser. Transit Planner is a typical example of a browser hijacker because it usually spreads in software bundles and installs disguised as another, legitimate program. Transit Planner right now. Try to recall if you have installed any free programs lately. Beware that can easily show up on your computer after installing This search engine provides altered search results, and some of them reportedly have the original links swapped with links that lead to predetermined third-party websites.
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after Transit Planner Therefore, it might not be very easy to prevent them from entering the system. The developers of such programs bundle them with popular free programs and spread them together so that computer users would install their programs along with these well-known applications. You can find it below this article. Then, you will only have to un-tick the pre-ticked checkboxes of the applications you are not willing to install. Then, it is very easy to prevent optional software from being installed. Keep in mind that a lot of free programs carry additional components that can be installed alongside them, but such information is hardly ever disclosed to the computer user in a direct way.
How to remove this hijacker?
Transit Planner ads are caused by a questionable browser add-on, which has been actively spread with the help of bundling. Thus, the only way to prevent its installation is to check freewares very attentively. You should also perform some security checks while installing the new program. If these settings reveal “recommended downloads,” deselect them. For this reason, it is highly recommended to choose a Custom installation mode when downloading any free programs from the Internet. Finally, this search engine may significantly reduce your web browser’s performance and may decrease PC’s security. If you want to completely remove Transit Planner, then,
Transit Planner Behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Transit Planner Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Common Transit Planner behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Transit Planner Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Transit Planner Connects to the internet without your permission
Transit Planner effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 27%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Transit Planner.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Transit Planner Geography
Remove Transit Planner from Windows
Remove Transit Planner from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Transit Planner from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Transit Planner from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Transit Planner from Your Browsers
Remove Transit Planner from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Transit Planner from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Transit Planner (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Transit Planner from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Transit Planner) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.