Things you should know about the Westefy.com virus:
Once you install Westefy.com, it will install a widget on your desktop that allows observing your Internet speed, download speed and the programs that slow down your system. It can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and even Safari. However, it’s not true and you should not trust it. Unfortunately, these statements are just one more marketing gimmick used to mislead users into obtaining an application, which in reality is nothing more than just another adware. You can avoid Westefy.com when installing such programs to your system. In fact, Westefy.com virus is just another adware that may stealthily infiltrate your machine, land on all the most popular web browsers and start initiating commercial advertisements, which may cause redirects to unknown, questionable or really unwanted third-party websites.
Although Westefy.com is legitimate, it’s deemed as a PUP due to the distribution method that its developers apply. All you have to do is to download reliable anti-malware application, such as Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool and scan your computer with it. Even though ads might seem decent, you should not click on them if you do not want to cause harm to the security of your computer. If Westefy.com virus So, you should be more careful when downloading them to your computer because they may try to install additional components in a bundle with them. Therefore, you should always select Advanced or Custom installation option and double check every check box.
How do programs like Westefy.com hijack computer system?
As already mentioned, Westefy.com is caused by an adware which can infiltrate into random computers when users are installing free applications from the Internet or if they click on an infected link. If this is the case, don’t worry. fast and effortless we suggest to do it automatically. SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar applications. That’s why those advertisements look so appealing.
You should remove Westefy.coms from your computer once you detect their activity. Unfortunately, in some cases manual removal might not be enough to get rid of Westefy.com entirely. You can encounter such software package in untrustworthy download websites. If you can’t read it, you should not install the program at all because you can not not who are you dealing with. For that, you can select either automatic or manual removal method. To This is the main goal of Westefy.com – to make you click on those ads, because the or This option helps users to decline offers for additional applications.
How to remove Westefy.com virus from my computer?
The next to you launch the installer of a program, do not hurry to click the Install or Accept button. Fortunately, you can easily perform this operation even if you are not an expert user. Moreover, you might be exposed to content that looks innocuous at the first glance, but, in reality, is dangerous. You should always choose Custom installation mode and check what you are going for before hitting the “Next” button. First of all, remove everything related to the program from the programs list that you will find in Control Panel. Opt for Custom or Advanced install mode if possible.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Westefy.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Common Westefy.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Integrates into the web browser via the Westefy.com browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
- Westefy.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Westefy.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 24%
- Windows 7 24%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 44%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Westefy.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Westefy.com from Windows
Remove Westefy.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Westefy.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Westefy.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Westefy.com from Your Browsers
Remove Westefy.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Westefy.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Westefy.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Westefy.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Westefy.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.