Do I need to remove Search Smart virus from my computer?
You may get infected with this hijacker causing Search Smart without any permission asked. If you want to do it automatically, run a full system scan with an anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla, which will be much quicker and easier. Manual removal guide is provided below this article. If it manages to infiltrate the machine, it may hijack all the most popular web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc. Finally, such websites may also be used for spreading other adwares, browser hijackers and similar potentially unwanted programs. We do Not recommend ignoring Search Smart If you want to stop it, read the following guide: As it is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, the users of these browsers should be very careful.
How can Search Smart hijack my computer? I did not install it.
If you are bothered by Subsequently your computer can get attacked by more serious viruses and ransomware. This tendency to shake off all of the responsibility for the presented material is a very frequent among browser hijackers. Therefore, clicking on such a result is a risk since you could end up on websites crafted by malware developers. Beware that this search provider You should read end-user license agreement section and, if there is a statement that you agree to change your start page to Search Smart, you should stay away from it.
Why can Search Smart be dangerous if it is not a direct computer infection? Make sure you remove it form all affected browsers and restore their settings. Please be aware that these external sites are developed by people over whom we have no control, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices.” Thus, you can never know what content is hidden under third-party links. Besides, it is a great future investment because most of these utilities also have a real-time protection feature which significantly decrease the chances of malware entering your computer while browsing online. Also, note that you need to uninstall the application linked to the hijacker if you find it on Internet Explorer.
How to eliminate this browser hijacker from your computer:
To avoid Search Smart and all annoying changes in your browsers, you should be more careful when downloading free programs from the Internet. It is evident that this program is more dangerous than useful, so needless to say, it is better to clean your computer from it. However, the removal process is not the easiest, so you should only do it if you have the know-how. Thus, accurate work may not look attractive for some users. A proper anti-spyware software provides real-time computer protection from malware, and that is why computer experts recommend installing such software on the computer. We advise you to opt for Custom/Advanced mode rather than Default/Standard one because then you can adjust the components of your download and opt out the ones you do not want to install.
Search Smart Behavior
- Search Smart Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Common Search Smart behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Search Smart Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search Smart browser extension
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
Search Smart effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 35%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search Smart.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Search Smart Geography
Remove Search Smart from Windows
Remove Search Smart from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search Smart from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search Smart from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search Smart from Your Browsers
Remove Search Smart from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search Smart from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search Smart (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search Smart from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search Smart) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.