What is GardeningEnthusiast virus and why you should remove it?
This potentially unwanted program (PUP) replaces homepage and default search engine in every web browser once it enters the computer system. unknown websites. One way or another, we do not recommend keeping it as your default because it seems to deliver predetermined search results and may cause various unwanted issues on your computer. Hence, you should look for ways to protect your system from potentially unwanted programs that may use adware servers to promote commercial content. Related files: Beware that browser hijackers are mostly blamed for unstoppable redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up ads and similar inconveniences.
Once installed to the browser, the program will cause lots of redirects to ask.com search page and some other websites. While this is legitimate, search hijacking and ads are annoying in cases when the application was installed without your consent. Beget Ltd, a Russian company that specializes in web hosting, domain registration and other facilities, is the founder of GardeningEnthusiast browser hijacker. That’s why security experts recommend people to read End user’s licensed agreement and other information when downloading freeware. There are many other reliable search providers on the web, so it is better to get rid of GardeningEnthusiast and start using another one. These can also be tailored to suit your interests due to the fact that GardeningEnthusiast may collect all kinds of information about you and your browsing habits. No matter that it looks like this hijacker was designed for Turkish speaking internet users, many people from other world’s countries have also reported about discovering this hijacker
Is GardeningEnthusiast dangerous? Why should I skip using this search engine?
You should not hesitate to remove GardeningEnthusiast because this add-on cannot help you save money when shopping online or enhance your web browsing experiences. In our opinion this is unacceptable, and if you are concerned for your computer’s security you will remove this supposedly useful application. In order to get rid of it, you might need to install malware removal tool, e.g., Anti-Malware Tool. The worst part is that this hijacker hides behind the credentials of Yahoo. Still, you might not want to share it with highly unreliable malware developers because they will use it for marketing and advertising purposes.
In order to avoid this malicious software on your PC, you should be careful when installing new software downloaded from the Internet, especially if it comes from a suspicious looking website. It is obvious that you should get rid of GardeningEnthusiast as soon as it affects any of your browsers. The good news is that this toolbar was not found yet to travel in software bundles, which means it is unlikely that other threats have slithered in along with this toolbar. For this reason we have prepared tutorials how to do it both manually and automatically. In this case, you need to select one of anti-spyware tools, update it and run a full system scan. We base our assumption on the fact that this particular browser hijacker is hosted on the same IP address (18.104.22.168) that also hosts YesSearches.com. The manual GardeningEnthusiast removal is recommended for the users who have experience in dealing with virus elimination, as it might be quite challenging to track down all of the virus components, scattered around the computer’s system.
How to remove this suspicious browser hijacker?
Also, GardeningEnthusiast virus is associated with privacy violation. GardeningEnthusiast is not the only browser hijacker. You can eliminate it automatically with the anti-spyware program of your choice (we recommend using Anti-Malware Tool), or, if you are confident enough, uninstall it manually. If necessary, GardeningEnthusiast the programs with an automated antispyware tool because that would be the fastest and the most efficient way to deal with potential security threats. Please see the guide below for more information on how to get rid of it. Do not allow any bundles to be added to your computer either. We suggest that you install a reliable antimalware program to take care of those automatically.
- Common GardeningEnthusiast behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Integrates into the web browser via the GardeningEnthusiast browser extension
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- GardeningEnthusiast Shows commercial adverts
- GardeningEnthusiast Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- GardeningEnthusiast Connects to the internet without your permission
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
GardeningEnthusiast effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 27%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 34%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in GardeningEnthusiast.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove GardeningEnthusiast from Windows
Remove GardeningEnthusiast from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove GardeningEnthusiast from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove GardeningEnthusiast from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove GardeningEnthusiast from Your Browsers
Remove GardeningEnthusiast from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete GardeningEnthusiast from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with GardeningEnthusiast (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate GardeningEnthusiast from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to GardeningEnthusiast) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.