How can I get infected with Memory-cleaner.com virus?
Memory-cleaner.com is not the extension you should use when shopping online. If these ads show up in new tabs or browser windows, and if you can see Memory-cleaner.com URL in their address box, it means that your computer is affected by an adware program. Whether you encounter BranderApp, Kavapuller, AdPunisher, or Memory-cleaner.com itself, you might put your virtual security on the line if you choose to trust these unreliable ad-supported programs. Read below to find out how Memory-cleaner.com adware functions once it slithers inside victim’s computer. Once inside, adware modifies the system and starts displaying aforementioned
Keep in mind that it holds no beneficial values whatsoever. Memory-cleaner.com belongs to the same group of adware applications as Xaven, Ttessab, Laflurla and other adware programs that are supposedly created to improve your search experience. When exploited, this method tricks people into installing various add-ons, extensions and plugins by hiding them inside popular free applications. The advertisements it displays are distinctive by the following labels, “Ads by Memory-cleaner.com”, “Powered by Memory-cleaner.com’’, “Ads powered by Memory-cleaner.com’’, “Brought to you by Memory-cleaner.com’’, “RocketTab powered by Memory-cleaner.com’’, etc. It needs to be mentioned that freeware developers seldom check add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and extensions that are added and do not monitor the content that they are set to promote. Despite all these fact, them most important factor due to which we highly recommend you to remove ‘Memory-cleaner.com’ virus is the risk of another computer infection.
How can I get infected with Memory-cleaner.com adware?
If all of that was not enough, our research team has found out that in some cases the functionality of Memory-cleaner.com could be potentially harmful. That being said, in order to avoid this malicious software, you need to be exclusively careful during the installation of freebies. Developers of Memory-cleaner.com and similar questionable plug-ins are often using unfair distribution methods that are called bundling. Lately one of the most popular ways to distribute unwanted programs is by bundling them to freeware and shareware applications. So much for safer Internet.
What is more, Memory-cleaner.com adware may breach your privacy by accessing data about your search queries and websites you visit. Tracking the adware app in your system and uninstalling it may seem like an easy task. Make sure to analyze your operating system for potential leftovers associated with this ad-supported program once the manual removal has been completed. It means that the developers of Memory-cleaner.com tend to bundle this program together with other software that is usually legitimate and secure. This will do no good. To learn how to remove these adware, follow the instructions below. This will allow you to see all possible options.
How can Memory-cleaner.com hijack my computer and how to remove it?
If you have faced some difficulties during the removal, feel free to ask us for help in the comments section below and we will do our best to provide you with needed assistance. Beware that you can avoid it. Since they are banned from valid advertising networks, they use adware just like Memory-cleaner.com to direct traffic to their websites. can be detected and recognised as viruses or potentially unwanted software by various anti-malware tools. They can be displayed in a lot of different forms, such as pop-up, pop-under, in-text, contextual and banner advertisements. It’s just a trick to attract users and make them click on those advertisements.
- Memory-cleaner.com Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Integrates into the web browser via the Memory-cleaner.com browser extension
- Common Memory-cleaner.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
Memory-cleaner.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 36%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Memory-cleaner.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Memory-cleaner.com from Windows
Remove Memory-cleaner.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Memory-cleaner.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Memory-cleaner.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Memory-cleaner.com from Your Browsers
Remove Memory-cleaner.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Memory-cleaner.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Memory-cleaner.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Memory-cleaner.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Memory-cleaner.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.