Is TopLookup working?
It is not very dangerous itself as long as you don’t click on any of those advertisements displayed by it. It’s developers, who are not specified, claim that this tool can stop annoying ads “from popping all over your computer monitor.” Sounds great keeping in mind that the Internet gradually becomes an add stuffed environment where each website is trying to earn the money via suspicious and really annoying advertising. Aforementioned potentially unwanted program (PUP) is compatible with Opera, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers, so if it affects your computer, you need to fix each of these browsers separately. TopLookup redirects people to unknown websites, causes continuous pop-up notifications, hijacks homepage/default search engine and initiates similar activities for increasing advertisement revenue for its owners. Softly speaking, all these adwares are useless because their main intention is to promote affiliate websites, increase their rank, sales or collect clicks.
Unfortunately, but TopLookup goal is to generate pop-up ads, in-text ads, banners and any other type of ads with links to commercial So if you have discovered TopLookup application on your computer although you did not download it, it means that it was added to another program you have recently downloaded from the Internet. No, this program is not harmful itself, but it might really provide you with various commercial advertisements that might redirect to unreliable third-party websites. it could appear as pop-ups while visiting online shops and other sites. For that reason, you should be very careful and always check whether programs that you are going to install are safe enough. It is difficult to tell what may happen if you click such dubious ads. Please, follow a guide below and remove this potentially unwanted program from the system.
TopLookup PUP poses a risk to user’s privacy and PC’s security. How does it work?
TopLookup does collect personal information, which is used by the company and affiliated third parties. virus is not as malicious as rogue anti-spyware or ransomware. It is highly advisable to ignore such recommendations because they are likely to take you to deceptive websites, where you may be required to provide your personal information or install several undesirable programs. First of all, read EULA documents of found programs and see if it is not going to try to make some bizarre changes to your device. These kind of offers are delivered to you through muddy roads, though. If you cannot seem to detect this adware, it is possible that it is represented using different names. However, any program should not be granted with such freedom of misusing private data.
One more fact about TopLookup that must be mentioned is that it may be tracking your browsing habits. however, you should know that you still have to TopLookup the program from the system. however, it would be better to acquire a reliable antimalware tool like Anti-Malware Tool and then scan your system with it. To remove the undesirable plugin from the browsers and the computer you can follow the manual removal steps below. Needless to say, it is risky to keep adware capable of spying on you and potentially introducing you to unreliable content on your PC. Virus elimination with a professional antivirus suite is a much quicker and guaranteed approach to the virus removal. You have to carefully investigate the statements on the installation setup.
HOW to remove TopLookup?
The distribution of Avg Customer Care does not differ from other adware. They use this data to make adjustments to their ads by making them more relevant and attractive to your browsing habits this way. Then, it is also advisable to reset all your browsers to be on the safe side. related adware By not altering the terms and conditions of your setups, you venture to join the unfortunate circle of users, infected with malware. To remove this adware from your PC, find the guide in the next page. Opt out for a custom or advanced install mode and do not skip any steps – this will allow you to see all available options.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Integrates into the web browser via the TopLookup browser extension
- TopLookup Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- TopLookup Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
TopLookup effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 27%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 39%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in TopLookup.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove TopLookup from Windows
Remove TopLookup from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove TopLookup from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove TopLookup from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove TopLookup from Your Browsers
Remove TopLookup from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete TopLookup from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with TopLookup (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate TopLookup from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to TopLookup) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.